Wiktionary:In 't nuujs

Van Wiktionary
  • Limburgs: wèlkóm bie «In 't nuujs». Hie kóns te al dien vraoge sjtèlle. Dien vraoge waere z.s.m. beantjwäörd door 'ne gebroeker. De kóns hie botstatus aanvraoge.
  • English: welcome at In 't nuujs. Here you can ask all your questions. Your questions will be answered by a user as quick as possible. You can make a bot status request here.
  • Nederlands: welkom bij In 't nuujs. Hier kun je al je vragen stellen. Je vragen worden z.s.m. beantwoord door een gebruiker. Je kunt hier botstatus aanvragen.

Editing news 2023 #1[bewirk]

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

This newsletter includes two key updates about the Editing team's work:

  1. The Editing team will finish adding new features to the Talk pages project and deploy it.
  2. They are beginning a new project, Edit check.

Talk pages project

Screenshot showing the talk page design changes that are currently available as beta features at all Wikimedia wikis. These features include information about the number of people and comments within each discussion.
Some of the upcoming changes

The Editing team is nearly finished with this first phase of the Talk pages project. Nearly all new features are available now in the Beta Feature for Overleghulpmiddelen.

It will show information about how active a discussion is, such as the date of the most recent comment. There will soon be a new "Voog köpke toe" button. You will be able to turn them off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion. Please tell them what you think.

Daily edit completion rate by test group: DiscussionTools (test group) and MobileFrontend overlay (control group)

An A/B test for Overleghulpmiddelen on the mobile site has finished. Editors were more successful with Overleghulpmiddelen. The Editing team is enabling these features for all editors on the mobile site.

New Project: Edit Check

The Editing team is beginning a project to help new editors of Wikipedia. It will help people identify some problems before they click "Sjlaon verangeringe op". The first tool will encourage people to add references when they add new content. Please watch that page for more information. You can join a conference call on 3 March 2023 to learn more.

Whatamidoing (WMF) (Euverlèk) 23 fib 2023 00:25 (CET)[reageer]

Your wiki will be in read only soon[bewirk]

Trizek (WMF) (Euverlèk) 27 fib 2023 22:21 (CET)[reageer]

Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions[bewirk]

Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at wikimania@wikimedia.org or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[bewirk]

MediaWiki message delivery 21 apr 2023 02:41 (CEST)[reageer]

Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process[bewirk]


As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:

  • Community members in good standing
  • Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
  • Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
  • Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
  • Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
  • Confidently able to communicate in English

The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.

The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) 26 apr 2023 21:01 (CEST)[reageer]

Global ban proposal for Leonardo José Raimundo[bewirk]

Apologies for writing in English. Help mit 't euverzètte nao dien spraok There is an on-going discussion about a proposal that Leonardo José Raimundo be globally banned from editing all Wikimedia projects. You are invited to participate at Requests for comment/Global ban for Leonardo José Raimundo on Meta-Wiki. Danke! Elton (Euverlèk) 26 mei 2023 02:59 (CEST)[reageer]

As a result of m:Requests for comment/Global ban for Leonardo José Raimundo, Leonardo José Raimundo has been banned from all Wikimedia projects. --AntiCompositeNumber (euverlègk) 8 jun 2023 04:08 (CEST)[reageer]

Selection of the U4C Building Committee[bewirk]

The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.

-- UCoC Project Team, 27 mei 2023 06:21 (CEST)

Aankondiging nieuwe leden Verkiezingscommissie[bewirk]

Op Meta-wiki staat dit bericht ook in andere talen.


Met genoegen kondigen wij de nieuwe leden en adviseurs van de Verkiezingscommissie aan. De Verkiezingscommissie helpt bij het ontwerp en de uitvoering van het proces waarlangs de Gemeenschap en aangeslotenen de leden van het Bestuur van de Wikimedia Foundation kiezen. Na een open kandidaatstellingsprocedure hebben de sterkste kandidaten met het bestuur gesproken en zijn vier van hen gevraagd om in de Verkiezingscommissie zitting te nemen. Vier andere kandidaten zijn gevraagd om als adviseur deel te nemen.

Hartelijk dank aan alle leden van de gemeenschap die hun namen ter overweging hebben voorgelegd. Wij zien er alvast naar uit om binnenkort met de verkiezingscommissie samen te werken.

Namens het Bestuur van de Wikimedia Foundation,

RamzyM (WMF) 28 jun 2023 20:00 (CEST)[reageer]

Deploying the Phonos in-line audio player to your Wiki[bewirk]


Apologies if this message is not in your language, ⧼Please help translate⧽ to your language.

This wiki will soon be able to use the inline audio player implemented by the Phonos extension. This is part of fulfilling a wishlist proposal of providing audio links that play on click.

With the inline audio player, you can add text-to-speech audio snippets to wiki pages by simply using a tag:

<phonos file="audio file" label="Listen"/>

The above tag will show the text next to a speaker icon, and clicking on it will play the audio instantly without taking you to another page. A common example where you can use this feature is in adding pronunciation to words as illustrated on the English Wiktionary below.

{{audio|en|En-uk-English.oga|Audio (UK)}}

Could become:

<phonos file="En-uk-English.oga" label="Audio (UK)"/>

The inline audio player will be available in your wiki in 2 weeks time; in the meantime, we would like you to read about the features and give us feedback or ask questions about it in this talk page.

Thank you!

UOzurumba (WMF), on behalf of the Foundation's Language team

27 jul 2023 04:26 (CEST)

Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[bewirk]

Hello all,

I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.

The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.

Join the conversation during the conversation hours or on Meta-wiki.


RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 28 aug 2023 17:36 (CEST)[reageer]

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[bewirk]

Trizek_(WMF) (talk) 15 sep 2023 11:23 (CEST)[reageer]

== Opportunities open for the Affiliations Committee, Ombuds commission, and the Case Review Committee ==[bewirk]

Hi everyone! The Affiliations Committee (AffCom), Ombuds commission (OC), and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for new members. These volunteer groups provide important structural and oversight support for the community and movement. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to apply. There is more information about the roles of the groups, the skills needed, and the opportunity to apply on the Meta-wiki page.

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

Review and comment on the 2024 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package[bewirk]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

Please review and comment on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package from now until 29 October 2023. The selection rules package was based on older versions by the Elections Committee and will be used in the 2024 Board of Trustees selection. Providing your comments now will help them provide a smoother, better Board selection process. More on the Meta-wiki page.


Katie Chan
Chair of the Elections Committee

17 okt 2023 03:13 (CEST)

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in three weeks?[bewirk]

Read this in your languageHelp mit 't euverzètte nao dien spraok • Please tell other users about these changes

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

Globale voorkeuren

If you prefer keeping the current skin select "Vector legacy (2010)" on the appearance tab of the global preferences and save the change. We encourage you to give the new skin a try, though.

Since I last came to you with this question, many things have changed. The skin is now the default on most Wikipedias, and all logos are done! We have also made some tweaks in the skin itself. Below is the text I've sent to you once, but I'm sending it again, just slightly edited, for those who haven't seen it.

If you know what this is about, jump straight to the section "Our plan":

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy as a local (but not global) preference. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skin. No changes are expected for these skins.

About the skin[bewirk]

Slides to our Wikimania 2022 presentation. You may also listen to the recording on YouTube (in English).

[Why is a change necessary] When the current default skin was created, it reflected the needs of the readers and editors as these were 14 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using the Internet and Wikimedia projects in different ways. The old Vector does not meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the Vector 2022 skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It introduces a series of changes that aim to improve problems new and existing readers and editors were having with the old skin. It draws inspiration from previous user requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. The PHP code in the other available skins has been reduced by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes in a nutshell] The skin introduces changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The limited width and pin-able menus allow to adjust the interface to the screen size, and focus on editing or reading. Logged-in and logged-out users may use a toggle button to keep the full width, though.
  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jump to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the tested wikis.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Customize this skin] It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out the repository for a list of currently available customizations and changes, or add your own.

Our plan[bewirk]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying on 14 November. If you'd like to ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please comment in any language. If this is the first comment to my message, make sure to ping me. We will gladly answer! Also, check out our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (Euverlèk) 26 okt 2023 03:09 (CEST)[reageer]

Wie noe wijer[bewirk]

Daankzij 't oonophajdelek iefereg werk vaan Ooswesthoesbes is 't aontal wäörd mèt "Hoeaglèmbörsj" gezaak vaan mie es 110.000 nao minder es 50.000. Iech vin 't hendeg sjiek tot heer dao zelf aon begós is - en tot 'r dat volhèlt, want wee sjeit bij zoe groet projek neet nao e paar weke oet? 't Euvergoon vaan de grens vaan vieftegdoezend is mesjiens e good memint veur ins e paar dingskes te bespreke.

Ierstens: allewel tot 't de goje kant op geit, zal 't zelfs in dit tempo nog twie jaor dore ietot alle awwe rommel is vervaange. De kans is reëel tot iemes in d'n tössentied zeet: "hei, meh dit is gaaroet gei Limbörgs!" V'r höbbe in 2020 bij de Sjotse Wikipedia gezeen wat veur gedeuns dat kin oplievere.
Dao kump nog bij tot "Hoeaglèmbörgsje" ingeng op aander Wiktionary's dèks zoonder bezej zien euvergenome - en dao nog ummer stoon. Zoe heet de Hollandse Wiktionair 't in alle erns euver "Nuujwrib" es Limbörgs woord veur Jamaica. Ouch steit dao e gans kwatsjverhaol euver wat dat Hoeglimbörgs inhèlt: aongemaak in 2009, sindsdeen noets in vraog gestèld. Ouch op de Ingelse Wiktionair zuuste dèks Hoeglimbörgse wäörd es legitiem Limbörgse vertaolinge geprizzenteerd. En hun "about"-paasj euver 't Limbörgs liekent ziech toch ouch wel impliciet op 't Hoeglimbörgs te riechte (d.w.z. ze sjijnt gesjreve te zien door iemes zoonder al te väöl inziech wat de Limbörgse Wiktionair in häören awwe staot es riechpunt naom).

Es iemes aanders dat geit opvalle en de kat de bel aonbint (weurt die oetdrökking in 't plat ouch gebruuk?), daan haange v'r. Iech zouw daorum wèlle veurstèlle um de vlöch nao väöre te pakke. V'r mote zelf op en: en nl: goon zègke wat mis is mèt die aw lemma's, tot veer (nou jeh, diech daan Owtb, iech loer allein mer!) ze aon 't opruime zien en tot v'r dat d'n Hollender en d'n Ingelsmaan ouch aonraoje. Ouch zouw iech de waarsjouwing op sjabloon:hd twietaoleg wèlle make (mèt 'n Ingelse versie), zoetot dee valsen inhajd veur d'n tied tot de lemma's dao nog stoon neet weurt euvergenome.

Es lèste: mote v'r de zijbalk neet ouch nog oont-Hoeglimbörgse? "Gaef vónjsj" klink m'ch neet direk wie begriepelek Limbörgs in de oere... En "Willekäörige pagina" hoof oonderhaand ech neet mie ummer op e Mofers woord oet te koume. D'n awwe rommel raak zoe oonderhand good in de minderheid, en mèt 't herstèl vaan de echte random-functie kinne gebrukers ouch de väöl gooj boetelandse wäörd weer zien. Steinbach (euverlègk) 11 nov 2023 16:15 (CET)[reageer]

Mit get foetele tössendoor kump det waal good :) Ich bön alvas begós mitte AGL-lies, went det is versjrikkelik werk óm te doon en noe höb ich nag get aafwèsseling mitte aaj pagina's d'rtösse.
Ich höb mich aanvenkelik wie ich hie begós mitte puinzooj te rumen ouch aanbevaole gehajen op nl.wikt veur alles óm te zitte, meh de reactie dao waas law toet aafkeurendj, dus ich höb mien henj daovan trögkgetroch. Oppe Ingelse versie zitten hie en dao get diktaters die 't mich onneet mekkelik make. Kiek ouch 'ns waatfer spèllinge dao döks gehanjteerd waere (Rheinische Dokumenta etc), en wie ich perbeerde oet te ligke det E-WLD 'n Nederlandjse spèlling hanjteert en dus gèn gooj Limbörgse spèlling waas 't ouch bestaedj aan douvemansoeare. Ich branj mich neet d'raan, went wen die noe hie kómme kieken is nieks hie wo v'r ós veur mótte sjame. Boetedet, wies te zuus höb ich hie al mien henj vol veur al eweg te kriege :P
Van mich kries te de ganse vrieheid 't sjebluuenke twieëtalig te make. Dien óngerboewing is neet óngeroet te haole.
De ziejbalk is noe biegewirk :) --Ooswesthoesbes (euverlègk) 11 nov 2023 16:26 (CET)[reageer]

(New) Feature on Kartographer: Adding geopoints via QID[bewirk]

Since September 2022, it is possible to create geopoints using a QID. Many wiki contributors have asked for this feature, but it is not being used much. Therefore, we would like to remind you about it. More information can be found on the project page. If you have any comments, please let us know on the talk page. – Best regards, the team of Technical Wishes at Wikimedia Deutschland

Thereza Mengs (WMDE) 13 dec 2023 13:31 (CET)[reageer]

Do you use Wikidata in Wikimedia sibling projects? Tell us about your experiences[bewirk]

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English.

Hello, the Wikidata for Wikimedia Projects team at Wikimedia Deutschland would like to hear about your experiences using Wikidata in the sibling projects. If you are interested in sharing your opinion and insights, please consider signing up for an interview with us in this Registration form.
Currently, we are only able to conduct interviews in English.

The front page of the form has more details about what the conversation will be like, including how we would compensate you for your time.

For more information, visit our project issue page where you can also share your experiences in written form, without an interview.
We look forward to speaking with you, Danny Benjafield (WMDE) (talk) 08:53, 5 January 2024 (UTC)

Reusing references: Can we look over your shoulder?[bewirk]

Apologies for writing in English.

The Technical Wishes team at Wikimedia Deutschland is planning to make reusing references easier. For our research, we are looking for wiki contributors willing to show us how they are interacting with references.

  • The format will be a 1-hour video call, where you would share your screen. More information here.
  • Interviews can be conducted in English, German or Dutch.
  • Compensation is available.
  • Sessions will be held in January and February.
  • Sign up here if you are interested.
  • Please note that we probably won’t be able to have sessions with everyone who is interested. Our UX researcher will try to create a good balance of wiki contributors, e.g. in terms of wiki experience, tech experience, editing preferences, gender, disability and more. If you’re a fit, she will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.

We’re looking forward to seeing you, Thereza Mengs (WMDE)

Vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[bewirk]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Help mit 't euverzètte nao dien spraok

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to announce that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter is now open. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll now through 2 February 2024. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C Charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 19 jan 2024 19:09 (CET)[reageer]

Last days to vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[bewirk]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Help mit 't euverzètte nao dien spraok

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to remind you that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) charter will close on 2 February 2024. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 31 jan 2024 18:01 (CET)[reageer]

Announcing the results of the UCoC Coordinating Committee Charter ratification vote[bewirk]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Help mit 't euverzètte nao dien spraok

Dear all,

Thank you everyone for following the progress of the Universal Code of Conduct. I am writing to you today to announce the outcome of the ratification vote on the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee Charter. 1746 contributors voted in this ratification vote with 1249 voters supporting the Charter and 420 voters not. The ratification vote process allowed for voters to provide comments about the Charter.

A report of voting statistics and a summary of voter comments will be published on Meta-wiki in the coming weeks.

Please look forward to hearing about the next steps soon.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 12 fib 2024 19:24 (CET)[reageer]

Report of the U4C Charter ratification and U4C Call for Candidates now available[bewirk]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Help mit 't euverzètte nao dien spraok

Hello all,

I am writing to you today with two important pieces of information. First, the report of the comments from the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter ratification is now available. Secondly, the call for candidates for the U4C is open now through April 1, 2024.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members are invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Per the charter, there are 16 seats on the U4C: eight community-at-large seats and eight regional seats to ensure the U4C represents the diversity of the movement.

Read more and submit your application on Meta-wiki.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 5 mie 2024 17:26 (CET)[reageer]

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees 2024 Selection[bewirk]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

This year, the term of 4 (four) Community- and Affiliate-selected Trustees on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees will come to an end [1]. The Board invites the whole movement to participate in this year’s selection process and vote to fill those seats.

The Elections Committee will oversee this process with support from Foundation staff [2]. The Board Governance Committee created a Board Selection Working Group from Trustees who cannot be candidates in the 2024 community- and affiliate-selected trustee selection process composed of Dariusz Jemielniak, Nataliia Tymkiv, Esra'a Al Shafei, Kathy Collins, and Shani Evenstein Sigalov [3]. The group is tasked with providing Board oversight for the 2024 trustee selection process, and for keeping the Board informed. More details on the roles of the Elections Committee, Board, and staff are here [4].

Here are the key planned dates:

  • May 2024: Call for candidates and call for questions
  • June 2024: Affiliates vote to shortlist 12 candidates (no shortlisting if 15 or less candidates apply) [5]
  • June-August 2024: Campaign period
  • End of August / beginning of September 2024: Two-week community voting period
  • October–November 2024: Background check of selected candidates
  • Board's Meeting in December 2024: New trustees seated

Learn more about the 2024 selection process - including the detailed timeline, the candidacy process, the campaign rules, and the voter eligibility criteria - on this Meta-wiki page, and make your plan.

Election Volunteers

Another way to be involved with the 2024 selection process is to be an Election Volunteer. Election Volunteers are a bridge between the Elections Committee and their respective community. They help ensure their community is represented and mobilize them to vote. Learn more about the program and how to join on this Meta-wiki page.

Best regards,

Dariusz Jemielniak (Governance Committee Chair, Board Selection Working Group)

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Results#Elected

[2] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Committee:Elections_Committee_Charter

[3] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Minutes:2023-08-15#Governance_Committee

[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_committee/Roles

[5] Even though the ideal number is 12 candidates for 4 open seats, the shortlisting process will be triggered if there are more than 15 candidates because the 1-3 candidates that are removed might feel ostracized and it would be a lot of work for affiliates to carry out the shortlisting process to only eliminate 1-3 candidates from the candidate list.

MPossoupe_(WMF)12 mie 2024 20:57 (CET)[reageer]

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[bewirk]

Trizek (WMF), 15 mie 2024 01:01 (CET)[reageer]